Avi spends a little piece of every paycheck from Cure Thrift Shop on little oddities from around the store. Ugly picture frames, vintage lamps, records, photographs, anything Hello Kitty & Keroppi…
His most recent acquisition? “Pioneers of Country Music trading cards.”
Follow his tumblr for more weird sh*t from the bearded man himself!
These informational cards released by Yazoo were written by Richard Nevins and illustrated by R. Crumb. Here are a few of my favorites:
Vintage Disguised Cigarette Dispenser
for 25 cigarettes, this dispenser disguised as a Moet & Chandon Champagne bottle will secure your position as the most discerning smoker around*
*we do not condone smoking, but we do condone fun collectibles!
I’m just 3 feet long and only 2.5 feet tall.
I’m the perfect size for your cozy NYC apartment.
You can fill me with:
- a box of loose photos from high school
old Playboy magazines collectible magazines
- love letters that you never sent
- a vintage candy tin filled with buttons
- original Gameboy + games
- Windsor Pilates dvd’s & resistance bands
- cell phone chargers from cell phones that you no longer own
- TI-87 graphing calculator
- Scrabble, Boggle & Trivial Pursuit
- paper take-out menus (pre-Seamlessweb.com)
- your first mp3 player
- double sided scotch tape
- a stud-finder
- almost empty bottles of Patron and Jack Daniels
Who’s gonna win her heart (besides the kitty, of course)?
Here, fishie fishie fishie…
It’s slways good to see old friends.
The answer to yesterday’s Cure Close-Up…
An antique match striker!
March 25th is almost here…
Impress your friends by serving up a Tom Collins in these at your Mad Men premiere party!